DeSean Jackson's Walkoff Punt Return Touchdown Nominated for FOXSports 2010 NFL Play of the Year
An online survey on FOXSports asks readers to vote for the NFL Play of the year for 2010.
The winning play will be revealed on Sunday at 12 p.m. on FOX.
The plays nominated for the NFL Plays of the Year are as follows:
- Dan Connolly's unlikely kick return vs Green Bay
- Kroy Bierrman's interception touchdown vs Cleveland
- Donald Driver's touchdown reception vs San Francisco
- Peyton Hillis' touchdown run vs Carolina
- LeGarrette Blount's diving touchdown vs Carolina
- Brad Smith's kick return touchdown vs Cincinnati
- Randy Moss's one-handed touchdown vs Jets
- Tony Moeaki's touchdown catch vs San Francisco
- Mike Thomas's Hail Mary touchdown vs Houston
- DeSean Jackson's walkoff punt return touchdown vs Giants
Notice that seven of the plays came against some of the NFL's worst teams.
The other three came against probable playoff teams: Green Bay, the Jets, and the Giants.
I can say in a completely unbiased decision that I would pick DeSean Jackson's touchdown as the play of the year.
And according to the voting, that play is a virtual lock to win.
55 percent of the voters selected Jackson's miracle return as the NFL Play of the Year.
Connolly's kick return received 27 percent of the vote.
The other eight plays split the remaining 18 percent.
Barring some unforseen circumstance, Jackson's play will be announced as the winner on Sunday.